What better way to spend a cold rainy weekend than baking? I’ve become a massive fan of lemon drizzle cakes, which inspired me to try a jaffa cake themed drizzle. Drizzle cakes seem ideal for freezing in portion sizes for snacks at work and still being moist when I come to eating them.
- 170g self raising flour
- 170g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 170g butter
- zest of 2 oranges
- 30g cocoa powder
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 110g icing sugar
- Turn on oven to 180’C and grease a loaf tin
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs and zest
- Split the mixture into 2 bowls. Into one of them add the cocoa powder and a touch of milk until it’s the same consistency as the other
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the loaf tin, then spoon the plain mixture ontop before running a knife through creating a marble effect
- Cook for 35 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean
- Mix the orange juice and icing sugar in a bowl. When cooked, poke all over with a skewer then spoon the orange juice mixture ontop.
- Leave until cool then slice and serve.